Terms and Conditions
Otherworld Books Online
The contract between us:
- Any contract for purchases made through the website will be with Otherworld Books, whose address is 50 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH13 9DL.
- Otherworld Books must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods, including any postage and packaging, that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Once payment has been received Otherworld Books will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you if you have provided a valid email address when ordering. Acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- Otherworld Books is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.Withdrawal by you from the contract:
- Orders are normally fulfilled promptly. If your order has not yet been completed (you will be notified of this if a valid email address has been provided) and you wish to cancel your order, you must do so by email notification to email@example.com as soon as possible. Once you have notified Otherworld Books that you are withdrawing your order, any sum debited will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible, minus any PayPal processing fees.Availability of goods you order:
- If Otherworld Books has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited to confirm whether you wish to wait for the order to be available or prefer to be refunded. If you prefer refund, this will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible, minus any PayPal processing fees.Delivery of goods to you:
- Otherworld Books only deliver within the UK. We will post the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give at the time you make your order. Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted. All delivery times are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are despatched to you.Collect from Shop
- If you choose at checkout to collect your order from the shop, it will be held at 50 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2BA for a period of three weeks from the date of order – please see website or contact us for opening times. Where a book is not collected within the three weeks the hold will be removed and we will not be able to issue a refund – we would therefore encourage you to contact us if you have elected to collect from the shop but find you will be unable to do so.Events
- Where tickets are purchased via the website for events, any cancellations must be notified to firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days before the event is due to take place to be eligible for a full refund.
- All tickets are electronic – physical tickets are not issued. Please ensure you include appropriate contact details (email address and telephone number) to allow us to provide any relevant updates. Your contact details will not be used for any other purpose.
- In circumstances where an event has to be cancelled, you will be entitled to a full refund which will be made as soon as possible.LiabilityThis is as follows:
- If the goods Otherworld Books delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us of the problem by email to email@example.com within 10 working days of the despatch of goods in question.
- Books listed as second hand may have some damages or defects and must be accepted as such. Wherever possible the condition will be reflected in the product description but any concerns or stipulations must be addressed prior to order.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, Otherworld Books shall have no liability to you unless you notify us as within 40 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to Otherworld Books, we may choose to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment, unless such method is no longer valid.
- Otherworld Books will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Otherworld Books liability to you.
- Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.Force Majeure
- Otherworld Books shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.Invalidity
- If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which Otherworld Books excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.Governing Law
- The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Scottish law, and the Scottish courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.